Installing Red Hat OpenShift 2 Environment using Click2Cloud Inc.’s Auto Script – Tutorial Part 4 – Windows Node Prerequisites
Please Note: All the tasks and operations needs to be performed using an Administrator account/user.
Supported Windows OS versions;
Optional (You can skip SQL server installation if you don’t required MSSQL cartridges);
You will get the SQL Server installation steps here.
For each SQL server you have to provide different named instance. Below are the details;
1. Install SQL Server 2008 R2 with default instance (Only Database Engine) and with mixed authentication. After successfully installation of SQL Server, please stop SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER) Windows Service, then disable it. (The Window node installation script will check to see if this was setup correctly)
2. Install SQL Server 2012 with a simple named instance MSSQLSERVER2012 (Only database). After successfully installation of SQL Server, please stop SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER2012) Windows Service, then disable it. (The Window node installation script will check to see if this was setup correctly). Make sure you set it up with mixed authentication.
3. Install SQL Server 2014 with a simple named instance MSSQLSERVER2014 (Only database). After successfully installation of SQL Server, please stop SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER2014) Windows Service, then disable it. (The Window node installation script will check to see if this was setup correctly). Make sure you set it up with mixed authentication.
Make sure the broker and windows node should resolves its DNS and IP. Follow to below steps for the same:
Use the following command to register the linux node on the broker dns server:
# oo-register-dns –with-node-hostname winnode
Please do the following entry in your Broker Server in /etc/hosts file
Please do the following entry in your Windows Node in c:windowssystem32driversetchosts file
Before you can install OpenShift Windows Node Installer, there are a number of prerequisite software’s and server configurations you will need to complete in order to prepare the OpenShift Windows node.
You can download winnode_prerequisites.exe (file size 929MB). It helps to extract all the required software’s automatically to the C:winnode_prerequisites directory.
1. Once you have downloaded, double-click the exe file to launch the Winnode prerequisites wizard and Click Accept
2. The following wizard shows Prerequisites Extraction Process. Wizard will close automatically after process completion.
Businesses and organizations are moving their workload to the cloud for better agility, performance, and security. Cloud computing is the bellwether of hosting applications and databases to improve the overall efficiency of business processes. The disparity between the on-premise workload and cloud environment workload often results in businesses migrating the workload to the cloud. Cloud technology shows impeccable growth contributing to the adoption of cloud-based computing across many businesses and organizations.
Centaurus, a next-generation cloud for the telecom sector, is an open-source project for building cloud infrastructure platform that can be used to build and manage public or private clouds, edge computing, and edge device datacenter. It is a solution to address key challenges of large-scale clouds such as system scalability, resource efficiency, multi-tenancy, edge computing, and the native support for the fast-growing modern workloads such as containers and serverless functions. Centaurus helps in creating multiple nodes, managing infrastructure, containerizing the environment, managing the pods, and many more.
Cloud computing is picking up the pace replacing the traditional methods of storing the data, accessing, and running the applications. Cloud migration is the process to shift the existing data, applications, and other business elements from data centers or one cloud to other cloud environments for better scaling. Organizations are shifting their businesses on cloud for more speed and agility. Migration to cloud gives the organization limitless computing resources.
Click2Cloud support enterprises throughout their cloud infrastructure deployment process and empowers them with private cloud offerings, a cloud framework for compute, storage, and network services. To get the benefit of hybrid cloud and Edge computing an enterprise can accelerate the use of OpenStack, Apsara Stack, and Azure Stack services to transform technologies into cloud and deep industry growth to deliver abiding value.
This blog will give you a complete understanding on billing, budget, and cloud cost optimization. Cloud cost management is as important as knowing your bills. It is important to know your cloud spends and which cloud offers you a good service at minimal costs. Click2Cloud also offers you a semi-automated assessment platform “ CloudsIntel” to support you with assessment and migration plan
7 Temasek Boulevard, #12-07, Suntec Tower One, Singapore 038987
No 5, 17/f, strand 50 50 bonham strand, Sheung wan, Hong Kong